Joplin on pinebook pro

I have the same problem. I succeeded in installing (and am currently running) version 1.3.18 using the instructions above but I can find nothing resembling the

"/ElectronClient/app/dist/linux-unpacked/"*

line in the current (1.4.19-8) PKGBUILD file and have not succeeded in getting this version to compile.

Have you succeeded in upgrading to 1.4.19? I got 1.3.18 installed (thanks, in part, to your comment) but I am having trouble upgrading, since the PKGBUILD seems to have changed.

Sadly, no. I am in the same predicament. I am still on 1.3.18.

Hello
unfortunately this procedure (which I used many times on pinebook pro manjaro) doesn't work anymore for the 1.5.x releases of joplin.
As well I had no luck with https://github.com/joesfer/joplin-arm64 ("sed: can't read CliClient/package.json: No such file or directory").
Any advice to overcome these problems?
Thanks

The directory structure has been changed recently so instead of CliClient in should be something like package/app-cli or similar (on my phone so can't confirm the exact dir name)

Hey folks! I just registered here only to say that if you don't want to struggle with AUR you can use flatpak: just install flatpak and then run in CLI:
flatpak install flathub net.cozic.joplin_desktop (this is for Joplin desktop app)
Pinebook Pro with Manjaro KDE, just installed this flatpak and it starts OK. Will be testing it, but I don't think there will be any issues. Haven't tested yet if Web Clipper works with such installation.

3 Likes

That is a win! Thanks so much @Skywheel
Successfully installed Joplin 1.71 on a Lenovo Duet (aarch64, chromeos). Webclipper works well, sync with my other Jops on Mac/Windows via dropbox.

1 Like

Many thanks to @Skywheel for this tip. Working fine on U 20.10, arm64.

Thank YOU JOPLIN and thank you @Skywheel !

And everyone else who posted solutions and did this testing ahead of me.

Cheers!

Thank you so much @Skywheel. After a long search I found your post. Accordingly, installation of Joplin desktop on Raspberry Pi 4 with Ubuntu 21.04 worked flawlessly:

1.Install flatpak

sudo apt-get install flatpak

1. Add repository

flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

3.Install Joplin

flatpak install flathub net.cozic.joplin_desktop

On first impression, everything (sync, webclipper) is working.

1 Like