Joplin is just amazing!

Hey guys!! I just want to say how much I love Joplin and that I'm hoping it continues development for a long time. I've been using it in my work environment for 4 months now.

I am one of those people that have no knowledge or interest in markup, but needed an alternative to commercial note apps. I've been an Apple user for some 25 years, and slowly watched it go down hill - but Apple hardware is still the best, at least with the choice we have.

The problem is that Apple has locked its users into software that has slowly forced a particular way of working, that just left the way I actually want to work. So I moved to Joplin instead.

I know it's not perfect, but reading through this forum, its obvious that the developers are trying very hard to take it in a direction that works for it's users, which is awesome! Unlike Apple who just keep pushing in their own direction and expect their users to constantly adapt to them.

At the moment I'm syncing with Dropbox. Definitely not the best solution, and feels a bit of a hack, but I'm grateful to the developers for putting that in, as it's an easy solution to make it work very well for real life everyday work.

But, I run a shared hosting server, thought I'm looking into getting a VPS at the moment, and really want to run a Joplin server. I'm seriously in awe at the flexibility here in working with Joplin, which I think is absolutely amazing.

Anyway, I just want to give every developer of Joplin a massive thank you for all of their hard work - work that has made my life easier. I want you to know that at some point, someone using Joplin to put down their thoughts, will someday change the world for the better, and you guys will have been a part of that.

Let's keep this going. Take care everyone <3

10 Likes