Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 35
Keychain Supported: No
Revision: b28f087

TABLET ???

• The operating system you are using.
    Desktop: Linux mint 20
    tablet: Android 4.x

NOTE: I previously posted this as a Joplin failure using Android 9. I've now discovered, using Android app: Fake Device Test, that my device has been faked. It reports Android V9 but really has V4.x according to the test.

This android device was previously running Joplin perfectly for more than a year until I did a Joplin update several months ago. Since then when I try to start Joplin I get an android error saying it couldn't start Joplin.

Clearly the problem is entirely mine because the device is actually running Android 4.

I'm here with 2 questions that might save me from having to trash can the device:

1. What was the last version of Joplin Android that was compatible with Android 4?

2. If I can find and install that version, will it be able to sync with my master copy of Joplin 1.8.5 (prod, linux)?

Probably not but trashing a 10 inch tablet is not taken without examining all alternatives.

TIA

It's either 1.3.1 or 1.3.2

Probably not

You could see if the device was supported by LineagOS, and flash the tablet with a newer OS...

LineageOS – LineageOS Android Distribution

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.