I have a Dropbox based sync that has not been synced to in a little over a year, I recently switched back to Joplin and macOS, and I am having issues with getting attachments sync.
I have Joplin set to “Always” sync attachments. Unless the note is open AND the background sync occurs I don’t get the attachments.
I have also verified that the attachments are in the .resource folder on dropbox.
other issues are:
- I only seem to get 3 attachments at a time
- I have to click on them to download, sometimes
- Some still don’t download even if I wait after a few syncs
I have tried:
- removing the joplin-desktop folder in ~/.config/ and resyncing
- reinstalling from the latest .dmg, off github
I do have another mac with Joplin installed that has a lot of this note set synced (its on v1.0.109 and about 1 year old at this point) that I can export from so all is not fully lost, but I would like to recover whats on dropbox, export it and start over after cleaning out dropbox.
log.txt (1.8 MB)
VER: Joplin 1.0.179 (prod, darwin)
OS: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Location: Dropbox, no encryption
Sync Settings: Always download attachments, 5 connections max, 5 minute intervals