Introducing rabeehrz (A.K.A Mohammed Rabeeh)

Hello,

My name is Mohammed Rabeeh. I’m 21 years old and currently a sophomore in Computer Science at the College of Engineering Trivandrum, India. I wish to participate in GSoC '20 with Joplin for this summer.

I’ve been programming since I was 15 (on and off) and my main interest is Web. I’m well versed in concepts regarding Websites and APIs. I have worked on a lot of projects the include various tech stacks like Django, NodeJS, React, React Native etc.

I did a 4-month long internship for a company under their App and Website Team. I developed a REST API backend for their App using Django. You can find the reference here. I started contributing to open source since December 2019. I have contributed to phpMyAdmin and that helped me establish a solid base in using git. I’m also the Team Leader in an open source project, codenamed Karma. The project has been handed down to me by my seniors who initially started this project and I (along with my team) hope to publish the beta of the same by the end of this year.

I’m interested in the Custom Keyboard Shortcuts idea and I plan to submit a proposal on this. I have looked into multiple forum topics opened with this idea and drafted a proposal on the same.

I’ve started fixing small issues. I have done 6 PRs until now. I did implement
Notebook Icons in Joplin Desktop, but that was scrapped for now and I will continue it when there is a proper framework for handing dialogs. You can find the PR here. Currenly working on:

• Improving the visibility of note info dialog. PR.
  • Fix focus on GotoAnything and Layout Switching. PR.
  • Fix Long URL in Note Info Dialog. PR.

You can find me on GitHub at @rabeehrz.

2 Likes
Merged with Original Post

Continuing my introduction,

My main domain of interest is Web. I’ve been doing Web for around 5 years now and have a pretty good grasp of web concepts. I apply those concepts to every project I work on and that helps me design good software as I go. I have experience with HTML/CSS, Javascript, PHP, Python, C/C++ and a bit of Java and I’ve worked with frameworks like Django, Node and ReactJS. I do a bit of Flutter development as well.

I’ve started fixing small issues. I have two PRs that are open and are under review. I did implement
Notebook Icons in Joplin Desktop, but that was scrapped for now and I will continue it when there is a proper framework for handing dialogs. You can find the PR here.

I’m mainly interested in working with 3 projects:

1. Support for multiple profiles
  2. OCR support
  3. Custom keyboard shortcuts

I’m researching the best way to implement these projects and I’ll be doing the discussion for the same on their respective forum topics.

P.S I couldn’t edit my original post for some reason, therefore, posting the update by a comment.

I was able to edit it, want you try it again?

I don’t have the option to edit the original post

I can edit the comment though. I have no idea why.

Thank you for appending my comment.

may it is due to your trust level, I have just upgraded that.

Yup! Now I can edit it. Thank you. I’ll keep updating the post as I progress.

1 Like