Introducing Anusha Nath Roy

Hi everyone, I am Anusha.

I was delighted to come across Joplin while searching for relevant organizations to contribute to this summer as part of the Google Summer of Code.

I have gone through the Idea List for this year's GSoC and absolutely loved two of the projects:

1. Email Plugin
  2. Improve PDF export

I have set up the development environment locally and have been playing around with it for some time in the last couple of days.

I am a passionate note-taker and love researching and using various note-taking apps to make my notes super cool, fun to read and visually very pleasing. I have personally too made a project to make it easier for people to take notes while watching youtube videos. I feel that I have a lot to contribute to this organization.

I am looking forward to working on a project at Joplin this summer, and am currently working on preparing draft proposals for the 2 projects I listed.

I would love to get in touch with the mentors and discuss my proposal! I cannot wait to start contributing!

4 Likes

Hi there,
Welcome to the community.
I'm not sure if you have read the introduction yet, is there anything unclear to you on how to proceed in the familiarization process?

thx

Hi,
Welcome to the community. I'm far from a mentor. I'm more a very big fan of Joplin and a random user. I look forward to your contribution and welcome you warmnly in the community. The idea of improving the pdf export would be awesome. Especialy making internal link disapear in the pdf. I use a lot of internal Joplin link in the app (especialy with the quick link plugin), but sometime want to export something in a pfd without all of the internal stuff... but don't want to duplicate the page and manualy change all the links.
Good summer of code :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
you are doing?
Are you getting along well as the serious phase is about to start?
Any help required on how to read Joplin's codebase and how to fix an issue easily?

good luck