How to reset account?

Version: Joplin - NOt POSSIBLE TO GET- (prod, ubuntu)

Client ID: 9311ba11d9994a5e9d7518f88b42d6d7
Revision: 884b86f

Ubuntu 21.10

I LOST my master password in starting to use Joplin.
I have not yet created any notes.
Can you please reset my account, so that the master password is blank>=?
Or can you cancel my account so that I can sign up again later!!'

Also on Linux, there doesn't seem to be any way to get my account and cancel it!!!! No upper right corner where to click?????

@JoelParke welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about your Joplin Cloud account?

If so, just use the "I forgot my password" link.

Screenshot_20211118_191952

If you mean you want to delete all your data, you can simply delete everything and sync. Or use the Victor plugin.

As for the master key, you can disable it.

What do you mean by that? Is it not copied when you click on Copy? And doesn't it show the version number in the About window?

Stupid is powerful:
When I first looked at Joplin About - I didn't realize that the version was clearly shown.
Sorry!

How can I reset my Master Password. I attempted to create a new account, etc.
But it seems tha since the password is lost, I am screwed. and can't use Joplin.
I even create a new Joplin CLoud account.

Pleae help.

If I remove any of the Joplin stuff on my Ubuntu machine I don;'t think that will help either. I don;t have anything I care about at this point.
If you just delete my account, can I just sign up from the beinning all over again?
I use the Victor plugin to delete all my data, but that doesn't help.
SO HOW can I delete my account so that I can start over?????

Thanks,
Joel Parke

It's not clear what you want to do or what it means that you can't use Joplin, so I can only repeat the same thing:

If you mean you want to delete all your data, you can simply delete everything and sync. Or use the Victor plugin.

As for the master key, you can disable it.

If that's not enough you need to show, with a screenshot, what the issue is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.