How to insert image from Android phone Gallery

Hi Joplin community, new to Joplin, need help please. How do I insert image straight into a note from Android app?

When you click Attach -> Attach File, then navigate to Gallery recent images, then pick the image you want...

...all that shows up in the note in Android app is a string of text. What good does that do me?!

"84DFB1CC-EC18-4F87-827F-2388D67FDA93_4_5005_c.jpeg.jpg"

What am I missing? The images I migrated into Joplin from Evernote are all showing. The new ones I tried to add to new notes from phone gallery are all just strings of text like above.

Is this a missing feature in Joplin? Or does it work but just require complex ninja coding to make it show?

Thanks

Which version? Could you post a screenshot?

What you are describing sounds like the markdown link in the editor. Unfortunately, on mobile (both Android and iOS/iPadOS), the editor only shows the link, not the image. To see the "final result", you have to close the note. E.g.,

My post above, when the note is closed, yields:

(my response is split here across 2 posts because I can only attach one file, and I'm too lazy to fire up Affinity Photo to stitch these screenshots together)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.