How to fix 'Joplin synchronization slow down keyboard typing' issue?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 847b324dc209404f9a3327c9368b216e
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

embedded tags: 1.0.0
Favorites: 1.3.2
Note overview: 1.7.1
Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Random note: 1.0.3
Simple Backup: 1.3.6
Text Colorize: 1.2.5

Sync target

Dropbox

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

Hello respected forum members:

Following one of my responses to another respected forum member @Yann1ck in a forum thread "How to disable auto sync?", I figured that I should start a new forum thread in regard to the issue "How to fix 'Joplin synchronization slow down keyboard typing' issue?", the issue I am experiencing is also partly shown as below quote (1), I'd much appreciate it if someone shed some light on a solution to the described issue.

(1) The quote:

For the record, after days of observation and experiment in my Joplin app, what I am doing now is to set synchronization target to none, and then the slow down issue is eased, it is not a perfect solution, because I need to change it back when I want Joplin app to syncronize. I am wondering if there is anything to do with the amount of notes which is more than 25000, or user with fewer notes also shares the same issue.

Hello. When I use too many plugins, there is a slowdown. Have you tried disabling all plugins to see if there is a difference? Also, some users experience errors with Dropbox. Isn't using Microsoft's cloud service a more reasonable option?

1 Like

Thank your for your input, I will look into the advice and see how things lead.

1 Like

No slowdowns while typing here, even on slow hardware (also on Windows). I purposefully use very few plugins though (just 2 at the moment), and I've got much fewer notes than 25000, so there is that.

1 Like

How many plugins do you use if I may ask? I am using 4.

I have 955 millions doubts(1) to go for Microsoft derivative web services.

(1) Reference screenshot of a search in regard to MicroSoft derivative web services.

Is this post a joke? The fact that there are 955 million results doesn't necessarily mean they all have a "meaningful" reason. Moreover, choosing the solution of a company x, instead of the cloud solution of Microsoft, one of the strongest companies, can raise more questions than 955 million results.

I am using zero plugins.

1 Like

No, it is not a joke in any way. It is just facts that I observed. However, there are some happenings in this world is so hard-core that some might need to take some time to process it.

BTW, the moment I received an email notification of your latest post in this thread, I checked in and reviewed this thread and clicked aforementioned Google search term link, the number of the search result jumped nearly 70% higher, the number changed every time I checked it but it stayed between 160 -180 million search result range among my recent reviews, below is the screenshot of one of my reviews:

Are these observed facts? Have you individually verified all 955 million results? It's a significant irony for someone ready to believe everything they encounter to speak of facts. If you believe everything that appears on Google is true, perhaps it would be better to ask questions not of Google but of your current elementary school teacher.

Let me see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.