How to discard edits in external editor?

That's a strange title but I can not find a better way to ask about my specific situation, so bear with me.

I am using Typora as an external editor. I have 2 PC, one in office and one in home. The situation is as follows:

1. Note A is at version 1.
  2. I opened Note A using Typora in my home PC.
  3. I make some changes in Note A from my office PC, and currently it's at version 2.

Questions:

1. Will Joplin sync (and update) a note that's opened in external editor (in my home PC)?
  2. If so, how can I safely discard the edits I made in external editor so the new version is not overwritten?

Both PC runs Windows 10 with Joplin v2.3.5. Thanks!

1. I remember no, joplin will only monitor file changes, but there is nothing wrong with this logic.
  2. Stop monitoring the file after synchronization, as long as there is no change, it will not be overwritten. Even if it is covered, you should be able to recover from history

Currently I use the joplin client as the backend and the vscode plugin as the frontend. You may be interested. Quick start | Joplin Utils

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.