Joplin 2.6.10 (prod, linux)

Client ID: 75d93001db10445f9bf3be79b159b26d
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: No

Sync target

Joplin Cloud

What issue do you have?

I'm trying out Joplin to sync notes between linux and windows. I signed up for Joplincloud as I want to support the project. I added a couple of one liner test notebooks and one with 600 lines of text (on the linux computer). The windows computer has one test notebook with 10 or so lines. Both computers have the Welcome! pages.
When I did a sync, it took 35mins. That seems excessive to me. I've seen internet chatter complaining about sync performance.
My question is, if I start adding a few hundred note pages, are the sync times likely to be an issue? What sort of time does it take you, -how many notes do you have?

Secondly, When it syncs, theres no indication of how far along the sync process is.. I just got an incrementing count of Deleted items xxxx - no idea what the end number counted up to. It would be nice to know that in advance, so you know how far along it is, if it's stuck, or what.

Yeah, this does seem excessive especially since Joplin Cloud is supposed to be the fastest option. Any errors in the log?

I would try upgrading Joplin to the newest version first. The v2.6.10 of yours dates back to 2021.

Sorry, I didn't know about the error console when I did it. It didn't flag any overt errors. I'll look for that.

Definitely upgrade to newest version.

After that, it may be just the first sync that takes 35 mins.
I use Joplin Cloud too, and it felt like it took forever for the first sync. The first sync seems to need a lot of communication to set up the environment. Once the set up is complete, the sync is just for the differences, and it takes much less.

For context, I have 11k notes with encryption enabled, and it takes 3 days for the first sync on a new environment. It is painful to set up on a new device, but once that is done, using Joplin has been effortless for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.