Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 3d6df6d1c31b4fdcb2178c947f2ea51e
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

What issue do you have?

Newbie here. A lot of the information I'm reading is over my head. I am a paper crafter and I have a number of jpeg files of stamp sets etc that I want to import into Joplin. I have exported all of my Evernote files and that all went smoothly. I just can't work out how to get new files into Joplin. I thought I could maybe drag and drop or copy and paste but neither of those work. Unless I'm missing something? I'm computer literate but not an IT person.

@Maddie welcome to the forum.

Hopefully I have understood what you are trying to do here :slight_smile:

You will not be able to import files that are not a type of note file directly into Joplin. You will have to create a new note and attach the JPG files to that note. Once you have created a note you can attach the images using drag / drop, copy / paste, or using the paper-clip toolbar icon or Edit > Attach file from the menu.

Thank you so much. That is so simple. I thought that is what I was doing but I do have information overload! Looking at the various coding in the FAQs was doing my head in a wee bit! I am learning and testing this so I can help the other ladies in our group to move over to Joplin.

Also if you have a lot of images, you might be interested in the Note List Preview plugin, which can display a thumbnail for each note:

Thank you!

I found the easiest way to get images into Joplin is with Jack Gruber's HotFolder plugin. Give it the path to a folder on the computer and a notebook name and the images are instantly brought into the specified notebook. One note per image with the note title being the filename.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.