GSoC Weekly Updates - Template Plugin

I'll be posting the weekly updates on my project in this topic.

4 Likes

Week 1 (June 7 - June 13)

Points to note

Links

4 Likes

Week 2 (June 14 - June 20)

• Integrated the Joplin prompt with the template plugin to get user selection of templates.
  • Built basic createTodoFromTemplate, insertTemplate, createNoteFromTemplate features.

Links

3 Likes

Week 3 (June 21 - June 27)

Points to note

• It has been decided that we'll be using templates notebook to store the templates. But the templates can be created in other notebooks too using a tag.
  • We've almost finalised the way we'll be handling transition of users for the native feature to the plugin.

Links

3 Likes

Week 4 (June 28 - July 4)

Links

2 Likes

Week 5 (June 5 - July 11)

Misc PRs

Links

1 Like

Week 6 (June 12 - July 18)

Links

Week 7 (July 19 - July 25)

Plan for this week

• Support creating templates in other notebooks using a tag.
  • Load existing templates for users making a switch from native feature to this plugin.

Links

1 Like

Week 8 (July 26 - Aug 1)

Points to note

• There was a lot of discussion on the way templates are stored. And there's a major change in that. Please refer Changing the way templates will be stored.
  • Mostly probably, I'll be able to make a release by the end of upcoming week :rocket:.

Links

1 Like

Week 9 (Aug 2 - Aug 8)

Points to note

• The first ready-to-use version of the plugin was released this week. Take a look at the release post.

Plans for this week

• As upcoming week is the last week before the final submission in Google Summer of Code, I'll be working on the final blog report.
  • Work on adding some unit tests.
  • Work on feature requests by the community.

Although, the upcoming week is the last week of the official GSoC coding period, I plan to actively maintain the plugin even after the coding period ends :smiley:

Links

Week 10 (Aug 9 - Aug 15)

This week, I mainly improved on improving the plugin, writing some unit tests, fixing bugs, spec for specifying the title and tags in the template, etc.

Plugin Changelog since first release (1.0.0)

1.1.3 (2021-08-14)

Bug Fixes

• reduce the width of input fields (7acc4b8), closes #28

1.1.2 (2021-08-12)

Bug Fixes

• display sorted templates in the selector (3f9a35c), closes #24
  • template-variables: log the necessary info if variables form is unable to load (74d1124)

1.1.1 (2021-08-11)

Bug Fixes

• release: add scripts to sync version with manifest.json (f849fe6)
  • version: update the version in manifest (d5635f1)

1.1.0 (2021-08-11)

Features

• add keyboard shortcuts for createNoteFromTemplate, createTodoFromTemplate (941d2d2), closes #18

Bug Fixes

• don't create provisional notes/todos while using templates (3399aea)
  • legacy-templates: improve the readme note (#19) (7215777)
  • parser: display error message when template can't be parsed (7dfcdf2), closes #15

Links

As this was the last week of the official Google Summer of Code coding period, I'll not be adding posts about further work on this topic but instead I'll be using this topic to inform about the further releases of the plugin. If you face any issues or have feature requests you can use Github Issues for that purpose. Thanks!

2 Likes