GSOC 2020 - Introduction to the community

Hello everyone,
I am a 2nd-year student at VIT, Vellore. I have been developing many projects on Nodejs and recently dived into React-Native. I am actively aiming for Gsoc 2020 and looking to work on open-source projects. I would love it if someone can guide me about where I should start.

Warm regards

Hello, and welcome here. Out of curiosity, from where did you hear about this project?

I was googling around, and found this project in one article.

Do you remember what article? We are trying to make on-boarding new users as easy as possible and we have a GSoC document ready for this, however it seems websites aren’t linking to that, so it would be good to let them know.

The document is there and has all the information you need to know: https://joplinapp.org/gsoc2020/ If something is not clear though feel free to let us know!

From this article - https://www.dunebook.com/best-react-native-opensource-projects/
Yeah, I read the Gsoc documentation and had some questions like what are the preferred tools we are supposed to use and what are the steps to be followed for setting up the env.

Being more precise, i am facing this issue on running “npm run tsc”
ElectronClient/app/gui/ShareNoteDialog.tsx:5:29 - error TS2307: Cannot find module ‘…/lib/JoplinServerApi’.

5 import JoplinServerApi from ‘…/lib/JoplinServerApi’;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ReactNativeClient/PluginAssetsLoader.js
TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ReactNativeClient/PluginAssetsLoader.js.map
TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ReactNativeClient/lib/JoplinServerApi.js
TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ReactNativeClient/lib/JoplinServerApi.js.map
TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ElectronClient/app/gui/ShareNoteDialog.js
TSFILE: /home/sarthakpranesh/Github/joplin/ElectronClient/app/gui/ShareNoteDialog.js.map

Found 1 error.

I’ve had the same issue. Have you tried running npm run CopyLib?

Hi there,
time is moving forward and the deadline is closing in but we haven’t heard that much from you recently.
You are getting along with the code?
If you have any troubles don’t hesitate to ask around in the forum

good luck with GSoC