Font size in one of my Notebooks is huge out of nowhere on the Android app

Operating system

Android

Joplin version

3.7.10

What issue do you have?

So I have no clue how this happened, I tried to move it to a new Notebook to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't.

In the settings the only two options regarding font size I can find are under 'Appearance', where 'Viewer font size' is set to 12 and under 'Editor', the Editor font size is set to 12 as well.

When I create a new Notebook the font size is just the 'normal' size I'm used to, but this one Notebook just has a huge font size now. I tried to find a setting to change it or to revert it back but I couldn't find anything.

I also don't see an option to change the font size when adding a new 'to-do' or 'note' to a existing Notebook so I have no clue what I did wrong.

Does anybody have any clue how I can change this (back) or what might have happened?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Could you post a screenshot?

I was in the process of making screenshots and comparing, I also have two phones so I compared Joplin's font size between the two phones as well. My other phone has the font sizes respectively on 15 and 16 in the settings of Joplin, so this confused me even more.

Long story short, turns out it was the 'Display size' and Font size' setting in Android itself. Reason I messed up is that the difference between the lowest 'Display size' (off) and setting it 1 higher is huge for some reason.

When I set it to 'off' (all the way to the left) Joplin font size is back to 'normal', but everything else like the icons of apps are quite small now. That's why I increased it in the first place, because I have quite poor vision. But for some reason it has a huge effect on the font size in Joplin, so yeah... my bad :slight_smile:

That doesn't really explain why it only happened for notes in one specific notebook and not others.

Hi,

If you're on Android and have poor vision reading your phone as I do you can adjust and play with the zoom setting as well as the font size setting. Setting the screen zoom to a slightly higher percentage might be what will work for you.