Feature request: Add a draggable border between the notebook list and tag list in sidebar

It's hard to describe how much I like Joplin and its customizability, but one nitpick I have is this: I dislike that the tag list in the sidebar is at the bottom of the sidebar scrollable area. I don't like having to scroll to the bottom of the notebook list to reach the tag list. My request is that the notebook list and tag list in sidebar become 2 separate 'blocks', with separate scrollbars, and that there is a border between them that we can drag up and down and increase the size of one 'block' at the expense of the other.

I've made some CSS hacks in userchrome.css to "pin" the tag list near the bottom of the sidebar, but it's super hacky and divs move depending on the length of the sync status message:

div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-sideBar div[style="flex: 1 1 0%; overflow: hidden auto;"] {
    background-color: inherit;
    margin-bottom: 135px;
}

div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-sideBar div[style="flex: 1 1 0%; overflow: hidden auto;"] > div[style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"]:nth-last-child(2) {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    padding-bottom: 185px;
    width: 100%;
}

div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-sideBar .tags {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    padding-bottom: 75px;
    width: 100%;
    height: 185px !important;
    overflow-x: hidden;
}

div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-sideBar div[style="flex: 0 1 0%; padding: 12px;"] {
    z-index: 100;
}
4 Likes

This is a cool idea, especially since you can use "Change application layout" to move blocks wherever. Would also love to see the sync info moved to a block.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.