What issue do you have?
Joplin told me it needed to upgrade the webdav target. I follow it prompts, it says upgrading and gives me this message:
"Please wait while the sync target is being upgraded. It may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the upgrade. The application will automatically restart once it is completed."
Then it fails.
I get this
The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error. For support, please copy the complete content of this page and paste it in the forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/
The full error was:
DELETE locks/2_1_982da81992ca4344bec1dd8014af38dd.json: Unknown error 2 (423): Locked
Error: DELETE locks/2_1_982da81992ca4344bec1dd8014af38dd.json: Unknown error 2 (423): Locked
at newError (/tmp/.mount_JoplinOm9GqL/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/WebDavApi.js:415:11)
at WebDavApi.exec (/tmp/.mount_JoplinOm9GqL/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/WebDavApi.js:455:10)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
at async FileApiDriverWebDav.delete (/tmp/.mount_JoplinOm9GqL/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/file-api-driver-webdav.js:208:4)
Note: this was triggered by the message at the top of the Joplin screen which says
The sync target needs to be upgraded before Joplin can sync. The operation may take a few minutes to complete and the app needs to be restarted. To proceed please click on the link. Restart and upgrade
Sync target upgrade is an old process and it's possible we'll deprecate it.
Best option if you upgrade from a very old version to a new one is to export all your notes first, upgrade, and then reimport then.
What I did was setup a new webdav target folder (I'm using Koofr) separate from the folder I was having problems with.
Then I told machine1 to "Re-upload local data to sync target" and it uploaded it all and seems fine. I did answer the question to upgrade the sync target and it in fact finished.
Then on Machine2: I went to settings and updated the webdav folder to the new folder. It sync'd but it keeps this message on the screen about upgrading the sync target. It's sync'ing fine but the message won't go away and I'm not going to try to upgrade the sync target a second time as it is sync'ing normally.
I don't know what "old version" I could have had.
I mean, I am on the latest Joplin version if that's what you mean. If you mean the target is an old version, then I just don't understand what's going on. I was using a brand new Koofr folder (via webdav) that was empty and still, with latest Joplin version and blank Koofr target, yet I got the same The sync target needs to be upgraded before Joplin can sync. The operation may take a few minutes to complete and the app needs to be restarted. To proceed please click on the link. Restart and upgrade
I got it all working at this point, but one client on Mac keeps giving me that message about upgrading even though it is sync'ing flawlessly. I'm ignoring it. (I believe I fell for it once and then I got lock errors on different clients).
So everything is fine and running properly now, it's just that one Mac client has that "upgrade" message at the top and it won't go away. Just sharing this as you talked about deprecating the upgrade process.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.