Q: The sync target needs to be upgraded before Joplin can sync

The sync target needs to be upgraded before Joplin can sync. The operation may take a few minutes to complete and the app needs to be restarted. To proceed please click on the link. Restart and upgrade

I clicked and then...

Joplin upgrade in progress...

Please wait while the sync target is being upgraded. It may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the upgrade. The application will automatically restart once it is completed.

Error

The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error. For support, please copy the complete content of this page and paste it in the forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/

The full error was:

GET info.json: Unknown error 2 (503): Update in process.

Error: GET info.json: Unknown error 2 (503): Update in process. at newError (/Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/WebDavApi.js:399:11) at WebDavApi.exec (/Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/WebDavApi.js:429:10)

So what to do next?

Hello,

I know that this topic is from 2 years ago. But title is exactly that I was to post. So I have decided to continue with this topic. If this is not correct, please, tell me and I will create a new topic.

No error is produced so the problem is not exactly that gressen reports, but begins in the same way.

• Desktop installation, Linux 22.04, sync with pcloud through webdav.

• Every time I run Joplin, few minuts later (seconds, usually) I receive the same message including
    "The application will automatically restart once it is completed." Never occurs, and manually, I close the message and I restart the application.

• New missatge indicating that "Joplin upgrade in progress..."

• New modal message appears when upgrade finished demanding that application must be restarted.

This situation occurs not only when I run the app but when I am working on it modifying or creating new notes

How can I resolve this annoying procedure?

I create a crontab job as recomended
@reboot wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurent22/joplin/dev/Joplin_install_and_update.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 | bash >/dev/null 2>&1

May affect this?

Thanks.

For your information it seems that pcloud has a rather poor implementation of WebDAV and so, due to causing many problems, it is not supported by Joplin as a WebDAV sync target.

In a post from 2020 a user summarised pcloud's response to a support request as,

... their response to me was we think it should work ok, but if it doesn’t we can’t help you. ...

Hello, dpoulton.

I know that pCloud isn't the best implementation, but I have really no "problems" with it. Only a question about sync that, works, but depends on me.

Thanks for all.

Isaac