Drawing with a pen

joplin doesn't support pen input. I hope to get this feature, it's useful.
OneNote, Evernote, Google Keep, Notability, Goodnotes, Xournal++, and Squid support pen input and works well with wacom, ipad.

what do you mean. It works perfectly well on desktop and mobile. And it is especially created for pen support, though without pen buttons support unfortunately

The drawing feature was "secretly" released a few days ago!

1 Like

What platforms? Not seeing on the latest release for iPad

It’s not out yet on iOS. It’ll be in 2.13 What's new in Joplin 2.13

1 Like

It's released now and will be in the store as soon as Apple approves it

5 Likes

Is there a solution for windows? Using the pen directly in Joplin?

To use handwriting? I think on PC you have to install the plugin manually

correct just install the plugin and you are good to go with the same functionality and same everything

App Store currently shows 12.12.3, what version will have pen support?

On iOS, 12.13.10 should have drawing support. (It should also be available in the AppStore now!)

2 Likes

Awesome, trying it now

Hey guys, thanks for the plugin. I've been playing around with it and while it works mostly fine, there is one thing that bugs me: When using the eraser, I want to be able to remove only parts of the lines I've drawn and not the entire line object. This is the standard behavior in other apps such as Xournal++ or RNote. Hope that this is not too big of an issue to implement.

1 Like

Another thing that I noticed: When I'm drawing and then open settings, all unsaved changes are lost. This is unfortunate since I've lost quite some work. I'd suggest either raising a warning with a promt to save (or discard changes), or some autosave feature.

Also, also (sorry for the spam).

I'm using @CalebJohn's amazing Rich Markdown Plugin. Here, a preview is shown (which is nice), but I don't know how to edit the file. I currently switch to the regular view, then an edit button appears. However, the preview is not updated when changes are saved.

When I'm drawing and then open settings, all unsaved changes are lost.

This seems to happen with other plugins that display dialogs.

I've opened a Joplin bug report:

Depending on whether or not the plugin has tried to create a second autosave, this may help: Restoring from an autosave

It's planned :).

Select the ID for the drawing, then click the "draw" button.

See How do I edit drawings from the viewer?

1 Like

Thanks!

Good to know!

Ah, I remember that I had read it before but could not find it. But I only searched in the forum, I forgot there was already full documentation.

In any case, thanks again for your support and the cool Plugin! :nerd_face:

1 Like

glad to hear that Joplin support pen input, i would have a try with ipad and apple pencil. pctechtest