I started to use Joplin for a couple of days and I like it so far!
There is one issue I aware of: when exporting the notes into Markdown format, the images will be exported in _resource folder at the root level, but in the notes, the image paths are still shown like :/[image id]. If the paths can be changed to ../_resource/[image id].png then they can be displayed correctly. I hope this can be resolved so I will feel safe to start to put more things in because I know the export function works well.
The images are exported correctly as images with extension. What I mean is for the image links within Markdown files, they are ![image name](:/[image id]), not ![image name](…/_resource/[image id].png). So after export, the images won’t display correctly in the markdown files and we need to manual fix it.
I am using the desktop app on two Windows PCs and the Android app, all synced using Dropbox, and exactly the same is happening for me. (No encryption enabled)
Update: I tried the whole sync step using a file system which points to my dropbox folder instead of using the Dropbox feature directly, and now the sync works perfectly. Also the images are correctly linked now.
When notes are synched into Nextcloud, images get stored in the (hidden) ressources folder. But as they lack their file extension, Nextcloud cannot display them (it would try to download them as “bin” instead)
And still: as there is no link to the ressources folder in the original note, the image is unreachable from there too. It looks easy to fix: please add extension (e.g. .jpeg or png) and the relative path and it should work.