Disable Joplin from loading links from notes created by Clipper?

1 Win10, 1 mac 2015 intel, 1 mac 2020 M1 Apple Silicon, Pixel 2 XL Android. 1.7.11 on M1, others are fully upgraded as of yesterday.

As the title states, I'd like to shut off automatic link loading, or prefetching or whatever it is doing. My hope is that when I 'clip' a web page that I never need to revisit it, nor have my browser go to it for any reason. Unfortunately, I'm getting request notifications from Little Snitch to allow access.

I found from reading about the Embed Remote Images post that Joplin immediately creates resources for images so I know that it's not that so I'm guessing it's the links. I'd prefer to not have to aggressively clean a clip if possible.

Am I missing something here? A configuration or process I need to follow to achieve my desired result?

Thanks for your time and effort.
E

Can you export as JEX the note that's doing this and attach it here?

NOTE: Should anyone go to the source and grab the content from github, IT"S FLAGGED WITH MULTIPLE VIRUSES. I think they're just quite powerful scripts but to me, that's the same thing. You've been warned!

This one wants to go to youtube.jex (39 KB)

Ok, so not the best candidate but gets the job done. Clicking on it in Notes triggers a request to img.youtube.com and of course there's a ref in there for it.

My goal is to be able to flag certain websites in Little Snitch eventually, such as github, to be allowed, but at the same time, I don't want Joplin notes heading over there without me knowing about it. So as it stands, I need to keep LS telling me everything so I can go clean the notes out.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out and build a list should you want more for further investigation or testing.

Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to look into this at all. I'm happy to use a workaround if you can give me some of the logic behind so I can better navigate the situation and hopefully be of some use in aiding others or (gasp) maybe even check out the code and see what can be done.

Cheers. :rocket:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.