Delete note button or keyboard shortcut

It'd be nice to have a delete button/icon somewhere on the title bar or formatting bar to delete the open note. Or better yet, a keyboard shortcut to delete the open note.

Right now, the only way I can delete a note seems to be to first find the note in the note list and then press delete. But the note isn't always visible in the note list. And for a notebook with hundreds of notes, it can take a few seconds to locate it. I know I can make a quick edit and have the note go to the top of the list, but there should still be a more immediate way.

Another option would be to have a right-click option to delete the note in the Note Tab plugin.

5 Likes

Fully agree. I would also like to see a way to restore a deleted note. As far as I understand, the note history does still hold the last copy of a note after deletion, but a) this isn't the latest note but the last backup copy, and b) once a note got deleted the UI doesn't provide a means to restore it from history.

People make mistakes, and this means once in a while the wrong note gets deleted !

3 Likes

A related solution/feature: it'd be nice to always have the open note visible in the note list. That way, deleting the note would still be pretty easy/fast. Right now, when I open a note via Note Overview or a tabbed note or a Favorite note, I have to scroll down one click (always one click) to see the open note if it's in a notebook with hundreds of notes.

2 Likes

This can be done with a plugin. I'm just wondering, if this is something that should be done in the core.

@laurent what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Should be done in core, it's an obvious basic function.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.