Dealing with JSON file for import (and not being a computer science guy)

Hi there,
I've recently decided to move from my old Evernote notes to Joplin. Exporting in .enex and then importing into Joplin was really easy.
But then, I wanted to export another notebook from the Turtl app I was using years ago (after evernote but before Joplin). From Turtl, it exported into Json backup file. There's no "Json import" in Joplin so I've looked for ways of changing from Json to Enex or MD. From here, it got so amazingly complicated.

I've ran into several different scripts (either found here or on gitlab), in Python or even in PHP. Thing is, i don't really know how to use them. I mean, i know just a little bit about computers, so I know I had to install python for example, and then try to run it via terminal, but I keep having errors (syntax error, name error not defined, etc.).
I don't actually know how to correctly run the script and I can't find any instructions for noobs like me that don't master coding, php, python... Most people just say "here's the script, try it !" but then don't explain what to do. And believe my, i've tried.

Is there anyone here that can help me with a "how-to/wiki" about running the script right and exporting the Turtl json backup file into enex (or even MD !), so that I can import all the notes to Joplin ? I've tried so many different things on the terminal, each time failed. It does look easy for most people but I must miss something...

That would be so nice of you. I'm actually out of solution now, and all I can do is ask someone for help.

Few things to know :

Thank you very much for your help.

Up ? No one can help me ?

The easiest way for users is that Joplin provides an "Import from Turtl" option, but unfortunately, this is the most troublesome for developers. After all, there are thousands of note-taking tools in the world, which is impossible. Support each one, so only the important things can be selected first.
Having said that, there are indeed some functions that seem to be absent, which is why there are developers who write their own scripts. But this has a big problem. There is a serious information asymmetry between developers and users. Most scripts (and can even be extended to most developer-oriented things) can only be used normally within 5 minutes by the developer himself. Not to mention to ordinary users.

The following ideas are indeed in my long-term plan

• Located in the batch processing tool, it may need to support some degree of plug-in (somewhat similar to the joplin
    plug-in, but in contrast, it is completely interacted with the joplin data api, which is lighter, such as user.js and
    chrome plug-in Difference between)
  • Some feasible batch processing functions
    • Search and replace strings in all notes
    • Better import the markdown directory, and automatically parse the attachment resource local files in it
    • Import hexo blog, parse yaml metadata and write joplin through api to avoid information loss
    • Check attachment resources that have never been used
    • Check old notes
    • Check the internal quoted note link and rename the linked text to the note title
    • Edit the labels of notes in batches
    • Batch conversion .drawio => .drawio.svg
    • Batch convert .km => .km.svg
    • Batch download externally linked resources to joplin and use them as internal attachment resources

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.