Database isn't loading

I'm in Windows 10, and using Joplin 1.7.10. It's been running just fine, but since my most recent reboot, the program simply doesn't load the database when I start it up. I've tried closing and restarting the program about half a dozen times (haven't rebooted the computer again yet), and it's just doing the same thing.

It doesn't look like anything is BROKEN; it's just as if it never gets as far as loading the database, and there doesn't seem to be an option to manually force it to load the database. Is there something else I can do, short of loading a backup and maybe losing my most recent notes?

Could you try to get the console to display and let us know if there's any error or warning? How to enable debugging | Joplin

It's not showing up, either. Just the white screen. (Toolbar is there, but nothing else.)

Hey, seems that version you're running is a tad on the old side. I'm sure you probably have good reasons to keep it but if just by chance you didn't know, the latest version is 2.6.9. A lot of happened since 1.7. So, if you run out of options you might try running a portable version with your profile and see how it goes.

But if you still decide to stay on that version, somewhat similar behaviour had been discussed here

Wow. I don't know how I ended up still on such an old version. The debugger DID eventually show up (not sure why the major delay) and, oddly, it looks as though it thinks it DID load the database.

And what do you actually see in the app? Just a white window? Or it's loading the welcome note, as if it was a new installation?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.