Homepage    |    GitHub    |    API    |    FAQ

Customize Toolbar - Remove New To-Do

Can someone please tell me how to customize the toolbar? For instance, I would like to remove the New To-Do icon because I never use it and it interferes with my productivity when using the app. Can’t figure out how to do it. Searched forum and searched web.

1 Like

@5h3ph3rd

You could try putting this in your userchrome.css file.

a.button[title="New to-do"] {
    display: none !important;
}

Just looked it up for your post so I haven’t checked that using this does not impact elsewhere in the app.

1 Like

Totally worked. Thank you.

For those who are looking for the location of the userchrome.css file in macOS it is here:
username/.config/joplin-desktop/userchrome.css

Edit of the userchrome.css file in macOS is found via Preferences > Appearance > Show Advanced Settings > Edit “Custom stylesheet for Joplin-wide app styles”

Make sure to make a backup copy of userchrome.css and save somewhere else in case of a problem.

Thanks again dpoulton!

1 Like

I could not get it to work with that CSS, but this CSS worked for me (in case anyone else is having this issue):

div[height="50"] > div:nth-child(2) button[title="New to-do"] {
    display: none !important;
  }
1 Like

Thanks! That worked for me, too on version 1.8.1.

A while back I modified that css on my system to:

button[title="New to-do"] {
     display: none;
}

I cannot remember why I changed it, possibly because it stopped working :slight_smile:

It appears to work on 1.7.11 and 1.8.1

If your language is not set to English you can use this elegant selector. :sweat_smile:

.rli-noteList > div:first-child > div > div:first-child > div:last-child > button:first-child {
 outline: 4px solid red;
}

or

div[height="50"] > div:last-child button:first-child {
  outline: 4px solid red;
}

Or, as the button title appears to be taken from the translation file, just replace "New-to-do" with whatever the equivalent is in the required language.

So if the selected language is German you would use

button[title="Neue Aufgabe"] {
}

And if you needed to occasionally swap between English and German you could put

button[title="Neue Aufgabe"], button[title="New to-do"] {
}