Creating a large number of notebooks without scrolling

Hello, I appreciate the useful tool you've created.

Since I started using Joplin, it has become an integral part of my daily routine. The number of notes I've prepared has significantly increased, causing the notebook section to require scrolling to access some notebooks. If I continue to add more notebooks, the scrolling will become more frequent.

In the current setup, I can create up to 30 notebooks in one section, allowing me to see all of them without needing to scroll. For more than this amount, scrolling is necessary.

(I understand that each notebook can hold many notes individually.)

A feature I've been considering, which I believe could be beneficial to others as well, is the addition of a feature in the notebook creation tab that allows for the creation of multiple columns. This would enable easy switching between them, and the creation of many notebooks in each column, similar to the current setup.

With this feature, if we have three columns, we can easily navigate between them with a single click. This would allow us to see up to 30 notebooks in each column, eliminating the need for scrolling.

Thank you,

You can also quickly search for notebooks by name, from the Go to Anything in the Go To menu item, just type the at sign, @, followed by a few letters from the notebook you want, e.g.

Typing the letters @man would find (presuming they exist) the notebooks Linux user manual and Windows user manual, and any other notebook that contained man in the name, a click will bring you straight to the notebook in question. I don't remember what the default keyboard shortcut for quick access to Go to Anything is, but it will be visible beside the menu entry (I've changed it to a key combination that suits me)

The default Goto Anything... shortcut is Ctrl or Cmd + P.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer

But again, this case needs at least 3 things:

1. Ctrl + p
  2. Typing @
  3. Typing at least one letter or more

I am sensitive about their visibility and with this feature I think it can be achieved in the fastest way
I know that it is possible to group with other methods, but in my opinion, this makes it possible to do another grouping.