Couple of questions about PDFs

Hi, just downloaded Joplin and it seems to be great. I uploaded 6000+ notes from Evernote, and it worked pretty much perfectly. I just have a couple of questions about PDF files:

1. I really like the sync to Dropbox, but the PDF files are dropped into the .config\joplin-desktop folder, which isn’t on Dropbox. Given that the PDF files are the things I want to manage and preserve, it would be better if these were dropped into a Dropbox folder. Is this already possible? If yes, how do I make it happen?

2. I like that the PDF files open very quickly and easily in Acrobat reader, but I especially like Evernote’s ability to view the PDF in the app. Is this already possible in Joplin?

Thank you!
Darian

I really like the sync to Dropbox, but the PDF files are dropped into the .config\joplin-desktop folder, which isn’t on Dropbox. Given that the PDF files are the things I want to manage and preserve, it would be better if these were dropped into a Dropbox folder. Is this already possible? If yes, how do I make it happen?

They are also copied to the sync target (in this case Dropbox), in the "Joplin/.resources" folder. Keep in mind though that Joplin is not meant to be a file manager so what you'll see in the Joplin folder is essentially a database, it's not meant to be editable and is not a good way either to view and manage files.

I like that the PDF files open very quickly and easily in Acrobat reader, but I especially like Evernote’s ability to view the PDF in the app. Is this already possible in Joplin?

It's not currently possible.

Thank you for the quick response.

The Joplin/.resources folder is empty, nor are there hidden files there. If they are supposed to be there, perhaps this is a bug?

It could indeed be a bug. Could you enable debug mode, then try to sync and see if there’s any error in the log?