Conflicts occuring when they shouldn’t be [solved]

Continuing the discussion from Conflicts occuring when they shouldn't be:

I want to record the solution I found to my problem of lots of conflicts occuring...

I created a new, dedicated Dropbox account, reinstall Joplin from scratch and re-imported my notes into it. I have not had any conflict issues since then.

Is this advice/best practice a good fit to be added to the FAQ?

You may encounter difficulty if you use a single Dropbox account for both Joplin
and other unrelated files. Best practice is to create a free dedicated Dropbox account
to use only with Joplin notes.

Is that something that most Dropbox users experience? Because it's the first time I hear this advice, and I think it's better if Joplin works just fine without having to create a special account. Is it possible that something was changing the timestamps of your Dropbox files?

For what it is worth, I use Joplin with my regular Dropbox account (that does have other non-Joplin files on it) and conflicts are an extremely rare occurrence for me.

I also used Dropbox for years on my main account and did not have any conflicts related to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.