Clip Screenshot image quality

Joplin 1.3.18
Firefox and/or Chrome web clipper.
Windows 10
Firefox 82.0.2 64 bit
Chrome 86.0.4240.111

When using the Firefox web clipper to clip screenshot, the resulting image quality within my Joplin note is very poor and essentially unreadable. In Chrome, the image quality is more clear, but it does not contain the entire area that I selected when taking the screenshot. I searched through the FAQ, Forums, and Google, but did not find a solution. I do have scaling set to 150% as I use a high resolution and large monitor...but I tried at 100% with the same problem. Firefox is the browser in which I would prefer to be able to capture screenshots. Is there a setting I might have missed or some other simple solution I have overlooked?

Thank you!

Can reproduce on firefox 82, ubuntu 20.04, Joplin 1.4.7

Closeup of text
937d3488779a8bf131db47510b94ca10

1 Like

Medium?

Hello,

No, the test case I am using is Google Images.
See attached clip from the windows snipping tool. Joplin on the left...and the Google images "mountains" search on the right in Firefox. I tried to clip a 3 by 3 section of the mountain images.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi there,

I seem to have the same issue (looks like Derkades' image) on my system too.

Version: 1.3.18
Firefox: 82.0.2

Glad to see it isn't just me.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem on Firefox, haven't it tried on Google Chrome yet

It seems latest Firefox has a bug when capturing the tab as an image. According to their doc, the default quality should be 92, which is why up to now I wasn't setting the quality parameter. But in latest version, it's definitely not 92 as a default anymore, it's like 20 or 30.

So in the next release, the quality will be explicitely set, which fixes the issue.

I've also fixed the Chrome bug with high DPI screens, which would make it capture the wrong part of the tab.

1 Like

Great, thank you! I will keep an eye out for the next release.

Fixed, thank you :slight_smile: