Changed title and note no longer in list

Joplin 2.8.7 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 14b822b74b974ad78061f30c945db680
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 91d786d

Was doing some maintenance and decided to change the titles of some notes. The moment I change the title the note vanishes from the note listing. I can still edit the note but the only way to locate the note now is by a search. The list of notes in that notebook no longer shows the note. After searching I can move it to another notebook but the original notebook lost track of it as soon as the title changed.

Tried it on a second note a few minutes later and it too vanished.

Does changing the title move it to some special temporary location?

UPDATE: I found it only loses track of the note if the new title collates after all other notes in the notebook. No problems if the new title makes it the first note in the notebook, only if it's the last.

UPDATE: Only loses track if the note list is more than will fit on the screen. Notebook with 5 notes and title changes are fine. Notebook with 50 notes and note vanishes from the list.

Hi,
Strange...
I have a notebook with >240 notes. I can scroll to the end of the list to find my notes where title starts with X or Z.

Hi HarSel

I think I have the same problem.

I opened an issue in the GitHub repo, check this link for the full info and logs -> https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/issues/6493

Please, I have probably >300 notes so a solution for this is more than necessary, I cannot use this if my notes are not displayed between devices (just in the main one).

Thanks

refloating

refloating 2

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.