Can’t connect Joplin to NextCloud Instance

I've decided to try to sync Joplin to my Nextcloud instance. I registered for a Nextcloud account using a provider named woelkli.

But I’m having a lot of trouble trying to connect Joplin to my woelkli/NextCloud instance. Inside Joplin, I’m asked to specify my username, password, and Nextcloud WebDAV URL. The username and password are self-explanatory; I enter in my woelkli credentials. But where do I find the “Nextcloud WebDAV URL?” I’ve tried inputting hxxps://ppp.woelkli.com, but this doesn’t seem to work. The error message I’m receiving is:

Error. Please check that URL, username, password, etc. are correct and that the sync target is accessible. The reported error was:

PROPFIND : Unknown error 2 (405): (Code 405)

I've read the Joplin FAQ but this also doesn’t tell me anything. I'm running Joplin v2.6.10 on Windows 10 x64.

Where do I find the correct URL for my Nextcloud instance so that I can sync it with Joplin?

Thank you.

If your provider is using the standard Nextcloud dashboard (to be honest I don't know if it can be modified that much anyway) on the files section you should have settings in the bottom left. That should have your WebDAV url inside.

Make sure you make a Joplin directory in Nexcloud and put that at the end of your WebDAV url.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.