- is a single AutoIt3 script file encoded into an executable
- should be placed next to JoplinPortable.exe
- to differentiate its icon from Joplin have coloured the ‘J’ red
- run instead of JoplinPortable.exe to do the following:
- If JoplinPortable.exe exists in the Download folder it version-names it so as not to interfere with a subsequent download.
- If JolplinPortable is already running it asks if you want to stop it and start another instance.
(I have a second JoplinPortable & profile in a VeraCrypt volume with all my confidential stuff which musn’t be synced)
- if yes it stops and starts JoplinPortable.exe
- Looks every second to see if the update window has appeared
- if it has it looks every second to see if JoplinPortable.exe has arrived in the Download folder
- If it has it asks if you want to stop Joplin and do the update
- if yes Joplin is stopped, the old version is version-named, and the downloaded file is placed next to JoplinPortableMonitor (or in \app\Joplin for the PortableApps Dev Test version), and Joplin is restarted
- Finally it sits monitoring for JoplinPortable to be stopped
- deleting temporary files in AppData\Roaming\Joplin before closing
Ediit: It writes all actions to JoplinPortableMonitor.log
NB. Before a portable program is run it should ensure that any drive letters present are changed to the current one. Sadly I don’t know how to change the external editor’s drive letter in the SQLite database.
JoplinPortableMonitor.au3 - the source script
JoplinPortableMonitor.html - the script listed in colour
MD5 Hash: 63E27CDCFC72098A3357E831F47A79FC