An alternative web clipper for Joplin

no account is required.
Account means joplin account.The token of joplin client.

I took a gif。

1 Like

How to use web clipper.

1 Like

web-clipper_1.16.0.zip (2.1 MB)

this is latest version of web clipper.

I think this plugin can replace the current web clipper of joplin.
If in doubt, I can make changes.

Such as add a configuration to remove all payment functions and account system.

I uploaded this plugin below,

OK, thank you for your explainations. I understood account is Joplin accound. I missed it.

Olivier

It looks like this assumes localhost and the default port for the web clipper service. Any way to make this configurable?

Otherwise looks pretty cool from what I can tell.

Thanks for clarifying @DiamondYuan, I’ll give it a try.

I would expect it doesn’t have all the features we need, in particular there are lots of tweaks in the official clipper to handle images, code blocks and tables, but I’ll give it a try and see if there’s a way to merge our two efforts.

1 Like

Any privacy implications of using this one? For instance any embedded trackers, analytics, sharing data with 3rd party etc?

2 Likes

I use turndown and write plugin to handle code block and img.

There is still a problem now that does not support firefox.
But I will fix it in the near future.

I used Google Statistics and I only have records in two places.
All records are anonymous. And will not share it with others

1 Like

For turndown, I use my own forks, which include several additional features and bug fixes:

I really hope that ANY Joplin web clipper plugin will ONLY work locally. Local-only is the reason I started using Joplin for in the first place.

1 Like

IMO this is not acceptable for a product (Joplin) that speaks out for privacy.

Personally I don't care, because I block trackers, GA, FB, and any other social media stuff. But for Joplin's user base this is a no-go.

3 Likes

If we were to use this clipper we would indeed disable tracking by default. I don't mind if other projects do it, and I understand the reasons but I wouldn't want this in Joplin.

2 Likes

I have some configurations that are dynamic, such as the path to the icon,or the latest version。
Is this a problem ?

Who is sending emails and what kind?
there are free options, see e.g.discourse/docs/INSTALL-email.md at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub
Plus zoho mail

There are FOSS alternatives and a user can do OCR locall, tthat should be taken into account.
by the way OCR is GSoC idea if that can help here

I don’t need ocr in a web clipper. I need Joplin to do one thing well. I’ll ocr PDFs before importing. I don’t understand why anyone would want clipped images OCR’ed.

ATM full text searching anything but note text is impossible anyway.

1 Like

So that the images can be indexed to if possible, nothing weird about it.