An alternative web clipper for Joplin

I use turndown and write plugin to handle code block and img.

There is still a problem now that does not support firefox.
But I will fix it in the near future.

I used Google Statistics and I only have records in two places.
All records are anonymous. And will not share it with others

1 Like

For turndown, I use my own forks, which include several additional features and bug fixes:

I really hope that ANY Joplin web clipper plugin will ONLY work locally. Local-only is the reason I started using Joplin for in the first place.

1 Like

IMO this is not acceptable for a product (Joplin) that speaks out for privacy.

Personally I don't care, because I block trackers, GA, FB, and any other social media stuff. But for Joplin's user base this is a no-go.

3 Likes

If we were to use this clipper we would indeed disable tracking by default. I don't mind if other projects do it, and I understand the reasons but I wouldn't want this in Joplin.

2 Likes

I have some configurations that are dynamic, such as the path to the icon,or the latest version。
Is this a problem ?

Who is sending emails and what kind?
there are free options, see e.g.discourse/docs/INSTALL-email.md at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub
Plus zoho mail

There are FOSS alternatives and a user can do OCR locall, tthat should be taken into account.
by the way OCR is GSoC idea if that can help here

I don’t need ocr in a web clipper. I need Joplin to do one thing well. I’ll ocr PDFs before importing. I don’t understand why anyone would want clipped images OCR’ed.

ATM full text searching anything but note text is impossible anyway.

1 Like

So that the images can be indexed to if possible, nothing weird about it.