A few questions about Joplin

Hello!

Just found out about Joplin, looks great, but I got a few questions.

1. When encryption is on, does it encrypt everything automatically? (Like new notes and notebooks that I create)
  2. Does the encryption include attachments?
  3. Is there anyway to change the markdown stylesheet? ## looks almost the same as ###, and I would like to make it have a bit bigger difference. :slight_smile:
  4. Is there a way to show all notes? Rather than having to always go into a notebook.
  5. Does it support sub-notebooks?

I just want to point out that these aren't really feature request or such, as I think the software feels amazing! So the most important for me is the encryption part. The rest is more nice to have / know. :smiley:

Thanks,
Tobias

2 Likes

Yes

Does the encryption include attachments?

Yes :slight_smile:

Is there anyway to change the markdown stylesheet? ## looks almost the same as ###, and I would like to make it have a bit bigger difference. :slight_smile:

Not at the moment, though I would accept pull requests for better styling

Is there a way to show all notes? Rather than having to always go into a notebook.

Not at the moment either.

Does it support sub-notebooks?

No but it's been requested there - Featurerequest: Subnotebooks ยท Issue #122 ยท laurent22/joplin ยท GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, sounds super! And I will look into making a new style when I got some time later this coming week. :slight_smile:

Hello again,

Where would I need to change the theme if I want to play around it? I tried too change some stuff, but nothing worked after I changed it, so I assume I did it in the wrong location. :smiley: I haven't really worked with Electron before, so maybe I just don't know the structure.

For Electron, that would be in the file app/theme.js