Window Blank in Windows 10 and 11

Need help

I have gone through all the possible forum post in relation to the issue when opening Joplin in Windows, the window is blank. None of the solutions worked, and believe me I have tried everything possible. I have windows 10 and 11 Enterprise version respectively installed on two laptops. I have tried the solutions on Joplin 2.9.17 as well as Joplin 2.10.4. I genuinely want to continue to use Joplin, but cannot get this resolved.

Any guidance will be appreciated
Peter

2 Likes

Hi,
I have similar issues in Linux (with appimage or both versions on the AUR - Arch User Repository)

But strangely, not in Win 11 on dual boot on the same machine:

Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, win32)

Client ID: ec1e7c51f1aa4c63b41a9ba5f9d2bf4f
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

I have the same problem on windows 11 pro.
If the device goes into sleep or hibernation then the Joplin displays a blank screen after device wakeup.
Only the top menu is visible, but actions in the menu do not lead to anything.
You need to completely close the application and start it again to see your notes.

Joplin 2.9.17

Maybe just to add...when I do open Joplin on a Windows platform, it seems to struggle to view the notes. In the task manager 20+ instances of Joplin is opened (see screenshot)

The processes are because of plugins which you seem to have installed a lot. You may want to try disabling them and see whether the situation improves. If yes, then try to enable them one by one and test until you find the culprit.

tomasz88 thanks for the response. How do I disable plugins if I cannot access Joplin?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.