Why is the plugin page not update the version of kity-minder

Im the author of plugin "Kity-Minder"..
I have already update new version 1.0.11 last month and fix some problem.. but the plugins page never update (still version 1.0.9)...

Could somebody help?

1 Like

Sorry, we ran into another issue where the max length of the post was longer than allowed by discourse. I increased the max post length, but the post is only updated when there is a new or updated plugin (compared to the last run). The run itself was successful, but posting to discourse failed. So for the script the state is no new/updated plugin.

But I just checked, there is something wrong with your plugin. The script reports following error:

> npm install joplin-plugin-kity-minder --save --ignore-scripts
Error: Command failed with exit code 254: npm install joplin-plugin-kity-minder --save --ignore-scripts
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /C:/Users/xeden/Desktop/joplin plugin/src/local-kity-minder/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/C:/Users/xeden/Desktop/joplin plugin/src/local-kity-minder/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/joplinbot/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T21_02_35_057Z-debug-0.log
    at makeError (/home/joplinbot/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/@joplin/plugin-repo-cli/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:59:11)
    at handlePromise (/home/joplinbot/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/@joplin/plugin-repo-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:114:26)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5) {
  shortMessage: 'Command failed with exit code 254: npm install joplin-plugin-kity-minder --save --ignore-scripts',
  command: 'npm install joplin-plugin-kity-minder --save --ignore-scripts',
  exitCode: 254,
  signal: undefined,
  signalDescription: undefined,
  stdout: '',
  stderr: 'npm ERR! code ENOENT\n' +
    'npm ERR! syscall open\n' +
    'npm ERR! path /C:/Users/xeden/Desktop/joplin plugin/src/local-kity-minder/package.json\n' +
    'npm ERR! errno -2\n' +
    "npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/C:/Users/xeden/Desktop/joplin plugin/src/local-kity-minder/package.json'\n" +
    'npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.\n' +
    'npm ERR! enoent \n' +
    '\n' +
    'npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:\n' +
    'npm ERR!     /home/joplinbot/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T21_02_35_057Z-debug-0.log',
  failed: true,
  timedOut: false,
  isCanceled: false,
  killed: false
}

There is one more plugin that has an error:

joplin-plugin-backstage
> npm install joplin-plugin-backstage --save --ignore-scripts
Error: Command failed with exit code 254: npm install joplin-plugin-backstage --save --ignore-scripts
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /home/joplinbot/work/joplin-plugins/temp/packages/node_modules/joplin-plugin-backstage/src/lib/formidable/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/joplinbot/work/joplin-plugins/temp/packages/node_modules/joplin-plugin-backstage/src/lib/formidable/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/joplinbot/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T21_03_50_097Z-debug-0.log
    at makeError (/home/joplinbot/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/@joplin/plugin-repo-cli/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:59:11)
    at handlePromise (/home/joplinbot/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/@joplin/plugin-repo-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:114:26)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5) {
  shortMessage: 'Command failed with exit code 254: npm install joplin-plugin-backstage --save --ignore-scripts',
  command: 'npm install joplin-plugin-backstage --save --ignore-scripts',
  exitCode: 254,
  signal: undefined,
  signalDescription: undefined,
  stdout: '',
  stderr: 'npm ERR! code ENOENT\n' +
    'npm ERR! syscall open\n' +
    'npm ERR! path /home/joplinbot/work/joplin-plugins/temp/packages/node_modules/joplin-plugin-backstage/src/lib/formidable/package.json\n' +
    'npm ERR! errno -2\n' +
    "npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/joplinbot/work/joplin-plugins/temp/packages/node_modules/joplin-plugin-backstage/src/lib/formidable/package.json'\n" +
    'npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.\n' +
    'npm ERR! enoent \n' +
    '\n' +
    'npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:\n' +
    'npm ERR!     /home/joplinbot/.npm/_logs/2023-03-13T21_03_50_097Z-debug-0.log',
  failed: true,
  timedOut: false,
  isCanceled: false,
  killed: false
}
1 Like

Right, we saw these weird hard-coded full paths before. @xeden3, how do you build your plugin? Just with npm run dist? Are you doing anything unusual with the WebPack config, or are you using some different way to build the plugin?

I have try the command 'npm install joplin-plugin-backstage --save --ignore-scripts' in two systems(centos and windows11)..it it seems to be normal.

this is my package file of kity-minder ... Is there a problem with this setting of the local-kity-minder ? Should it be deleted ?

The same package.json file was used before kityminder1.0.11

PS Build command just use npm run dist ..

{
  "name": "joplin-plugin-kity-minder",
  "version": "1.0.11",
  "scripts": {
    "dist": "webpack --joplin-plugin-config buildMain && webpack --joplin-plugin-config buildExtraScripts && webpack --joplin-plugin-config createArchive",
    "prepare": "npm run dist",
    "update": "npm install -g generator-joplin && yo joplin --update"
  },
  "license": "MIT",
  "keywords": [
    "joplin-plugin"
  ],
  "files": [
    "publish"
  ],
  "devDependencies": {
    "@types/node": "^14.0.14",
    "chalk": "^4.1.0",
    "copy-webpack-plugin": "^6.1.0",
    "fs-extra": "^9.0.1",
    "glob": "^7.1.6",
    "on-build-webpack": "^0.1.0",
    "tar": "^6.0.5",
    "ts-loader": "^7.0.5",
    "typescript": "^3.9.3",
    "webpack": "^4.43.0",
    "webpack-cli": "^3.3.11",
    "yargs": "^16.2.0"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "markdown-it": "^13.0.1",
    "uslug": "^1.0.4",
    "uuid": "^8.3.2",
    "local-kity-minder": "C:\\Users\\xeden\\Desktop\\joplin plugin\\src\\local-kity-minder"
  }
}

I have try to Build the package again without key local-kity-minder and pulish it to npm.
The new version is 1.0.12..

Could you please help me to see if I can get it successfully.. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update appeared in Tools > Options > Plugins, and updated successfully to version 1.0.12 :+1:

Thanks for a wonderful plugin!

it works, thanks for your pluggin !

Any reason why you have this as a dependency in package.json?

"local-kity-minder": "C:\\Users\\xeden\\Desktop\\joplin plugin\\src\\local-kity-minder"

And if it has to be there, can't you use a relative unix-like path? (no backslashes)

In fact, this setting is not written by me, it should be automatically generated by some pack process, or I have used the package file of other previous projects

I checked the previous version, this setting has been available since 1.0.1 , the previous version upgrade has been no problem

I will delete all unnecessary settings in the later version

THX all :blush:

2 Likes

:blush: Welcome

Thank you for using :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.