Unannounced text color scheme change

Hi! I've been using Joplin for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it. I use it pretty much every day.

I recently installed the version 1.1.4 and the text color scheme changed (it looks like this now https://i.imgur.com/BRzbOwK.png).

How can I go back to the old-default text color scheme? The one where the headers were orange, lists were yellow, etc. I don't know how this change occur since the release notes don't state a color changed from what I've seen. I'm on Windows 1909.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Like

v1.1.4 included a change to an entirely new editor component, which means the previous colorscheme is no longer available. Fortunately, you can use the userchrome.css file to customize these colours however you like.

Here is a link to a decent starting point for customizing the colours to your preference

And here is the method for discovering new css tags that you can use for styling
Both links are courtesy of @dpoulton

2 Likes

Ohhh, gotcha! Thanks a ton, really.

@mul0

As a starter for you, try placing the below into your userchrome.css file.

/* For styling the entire Joplin app (except the rendered Markdown, which is defined in `userstyle.css`) */

/* CSS for the Dark theme to make the CodeMirror editor mimic the scheme of the old ACE editor */

span.cm-header {
    color: #CF6A4C;
    font-size: inherit !important;
    }

span.cm-link-text, span.cm-strong, span.cm-em {
    color: #8F9D6A !important;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

span.cm-variable-2, span.cm-hr {
    color: #F9EE98 !important;
    }

span.cm-meta, span.cm-property {
    color: #7587A6 !important;
    }

span.cm-string.cm-url {
    color: #DDDDDD !important;
    }

span.cm-comment {
    color: #DAD085 !important;
    }

It's not perfect but is does mimic the old ACE editor. I have only tried it for the default notes and I am not even going to think about trying to modify the way CodeMirror detects and displays real code in fenced code blocks!!

This screenshot is actually of Joplin v1.1.4

4 Likes

Oh my god. Thank you so much, really!! :smiley: I just added it, seriously thanks a ton for taking the time to make this and share it.