Unable to start Joplin with MX Linux

Hello,

I've just used the command you mentioned for installing Joplin (2.7.15) on a Linux MX 19 (Debian).
At this time I'm can't start Joplin, nothing appends !

Does the .appimage have executable permissions?

Otherwise can you run it from the terminal and paste the output here?

yes !

install: opérande de fichier cible manquant après 'Joplin-2.7.15.AppImage'

Just to make sure can you post the command you are running too?

I just started the latest release version of Joplin on MX Linux 21 and it works just fine out of the box.

Edit - for sake of completion I tried it on 19.4 and it works just fine there too

sudo wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurent22/joplin/dev/Joplin_install_and_update.sh | bash

That is the install script, I'm asking for the terminal output from running the appimage.

e.g.
$ ~/.joplin/Joplin.AppImage

$ ~/.joplin/Joplin.AppImage
[28970:0523/141328.238453:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_JoplinzNWSpm/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Trappe pour point d'arrêt et de trace

It seems this was seen before on older Debian distros. Does it start if you append --no-sandbox to the command?

See: Unable to start 1.0.179 (on Linux)

yes it works !

~/.joplin/Joplin.AppImage --no-sandbox
xdg-settings: invalid application name
Try 'xdg-settings --help' for more information.
[29669:0523/142422.521372:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
(node:29634) electron: The default of nativeWindowOpen is deprecated and will be changing from false to true in Electron 15. See Make nativeWindowOpen: true the default · Issue #28511 · electron/electron · GitHub for more information.
(Use @joplinapp-desktop --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)

thank you !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.