The Android client and the Apple client have been unable to synchronize recently. The desktop client

Operating system

Android

Joplin version

Desktop version info

joplin 2.14.9

Sync target

WebDAV

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

The Android client and the Apple client have been unable to synchronize recently. The desktop client can synchronize. The mobile client cannot synchronize. The error content is the same. I hope the developer can solve this problem. The error content is: The final error: RangeError: On file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .md: Regular expression result out of memory

Screenshots

I'm confused as to why no one has answered my question?

I think this topic has come up before, or very similar.

Find that file on your desktop file system, the 7d34d2..96.md file. It's one of your notes. View it (terminal, dos prompt, etc) to determine which note it is. Once you know, go to Joplin and find that note. Perhaps copy it to a new note, and delete that original. Then webdav sync and then sync the phone.

Hopefully that gets you back in business.

The local note text has been compressed into a database.sqlite file. I cannot find the 7d34d2..96.md file separately.

I keep forgetting that it's in a database.

If you have room on either the Android client or the Apple client, set up a File System Sync to a brand new directory. Once sync'd to this new directory, it'll be populated with files. You should be able to find the file name from the error and inspect it.

Then go back to my idea of once you know which note it is, then find that note and copy it or clean it up.

1 Like