Text size

Since a note's text size is shown / rendered differently across different platforms, and since different notes (with different purposes) often require different text sizes anyway, I would really like to see a way to change text sizes for each note individually AND independent of the overall text sizes in use in other parts of the main window (e.g. the sidebar, or the menu bar).
Searched carefully, but I can't find it in earlier feature requests.
Thanks a lot !

2 Likes

An interesting work-around on Mac is this: copy the desired text into the Mac TextEdit app, select "make rich text", which applies to the whole window. Change the font size as you wish, even use a different font, and copy / paste the text back into Joplin. The font size is maintained. A little complicated, but it works. Seems to show that Joplin is just one step away from notes with individual text sizes.

Similar alternative, perhaps faster: put the following line at the start of the Markdown:
<div style="font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.4em;">
and at the end: </div>
You can change the value 24 to anything you want.

Thank you for trying to help, the problem is it doesn't work (Joplin 1.3.18). Could there be a tipo in your <div line ?

Seems to work for me. However if you find that the text is now larger but the Markdown is not rendering (i.e. you see things like **Bold** in the render pane rather than Bold) , make sure that there is a blank line between the first div statement and the first line of your note's text

<div style="font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.4em;">

Text starts **here** not the line above.

</div>

Thanks @dpoulton, I have been searching the forum for a simple bit of code like this. For me, It does everything I needed. Thanks
Adrian

@dpoulton
It seems that copying (and editing) the 2 lines from PhiLho's post above caused the problem. When trying again using the 2 lines from your post ... voilĂ  ... it works. Thanks again !