Unable to change font size / font type in rich text editor?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

I could be missing something here, but I can't find a way to change the font size or font type using the inbuilt Joplin rich text editor!

Alternatively, can I use an external application where I can edit notes in WYSIWYG. I've tried Word, WordPad and Typora but they just render the notes in HTML/markdown. Is encryption stopping this?

I could be over simplifying it but I just want to edit my notes in rich text (not markdown), apologies to the markdown ninjas.

Example WordPad screenshot showing HTML render

I'm not an expert but I'm going to take a stab at this. an expert can correct me if I am wrong.

Ultimately, all notes are stored in markdown format. I don't think there is a way for you to have multiple font styles like you can have in Word and also multiple font sizes other than what is supported by Markdown.

I'm a convert from Evernote and it is one of the first things that I noticed. The inability to have adjustable font sizes but you do get to use the headings so you can choose I believe three different font sizes in Joplin.

Also going to take a stab, I do not believe there is a font editor. Even if you import a note as HTML, it does not offer a font size change option that I can see.

We've got Heading 1, 2, and 3 as a size. I believe that is just the Markdown system.

You can make the viewed font larger under Preferences -> General -> Appearance. Mine is set to 15 point font there.

This I BELIEVE this is just the inbuilt system of the Markdown world!

Thanks for the feedback, I too recently moved away from Evernote and I imported my notes from html. I am still getting use to Joplin but so far, I love it! :grinning:

What stumped me, was that you have the ability to change html notes that were imported. i.e. add and delete text, etc but it doesn't support full html editing, i.e. change font type/size, etc.

Someone else mentioned that it would be wonderful if there were an option to convert the note into MD by right clicking on the note. There are options to export to MD but it would be nice to have an update to convert it and in the process remote the html. After that point, it could be edited using the MD editor and the heading options could be used.

2 Likes

Yep! It's all new to me, so I don't fully understand. Evernote goes a little higher level. Just take notes, edit text, and whatnot...
Joblin gets into "what note format they are stored in" etc, which Evernote never touched on.

So yep! I'm learning right along with ya!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.