Table background color

Is it possible to change the background color of a table made with markdown in a note?

You should be able to use CSS to theme the table s. You can either include a style tag at the top of your note, or include the CSS in userstyle.css.

That solved it.
Thanks for your help.

Please, how insert this tag style? I’m start learning now, and i have almost no knowledge still. I searched about this, but don’t found the solution.

Sorry about the stupid question.

On a per note basis you can use the html style tag in the note you want it applied to this will look something like this

<style>
table {
    background-color: white;
}
</style>

Thanks a lot!

Just one more question, please. Why can’t I color the table header. I wrote, for exemple:

th { background-color: white; }

But it doesn’t work.

A typo maybe? I tested on my computer and it works

I too couldn’t get table header color to change, either by userstyle.css or inline css. TD background change works fine. TH is selected, as I could change TH font or other attributes, but just not background-color.

Joplin 1.0.220 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 9ff3e07c136d4879aee94a8ca7e33db8
Sync Version: 1
Profile Version: 30
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 83e0bac5 (master)

Is there a way to look at the actual html source of rendered markdown document ? thanks

Help > Toggle development tools opens up a panel that lets you look at the elements / classes.

Use the “pointy-thing” tool at the top left of the Development Tools to point at the bits you want to change. This locates the item in the main Development Tools window.

pointy-thing

I found that I could change the header cell background by using:

table th {
         background-color: #FF0000;
        /* sets table header cell background colour */
    }

result

I only used Red (#FF0000) as the background colour to make it stand out. This is not a design suggestion!!!

“table th” as selector worked for me. Thanks!