It would be great to have synonyms for tags, like on Stack Exchange (SE).
Thanks to it, it'd be easier to search for a tag and it's easier to tag notes.
On SE, we have a tag info and a manager with details.
I need about 200 points to be able to create new synonyms, so I can't show how it looks right now, but I will update this post here when I reach 2500.
Of course, in Joplin we need a little different things. I suggest the following feature parts:
- manager for tag synonyms
- create, delete and update tag synonyms
- one tag is the main tag for a synonym group
- in the tags view, show only the main tag and synonyms on hover
- searching for a synonym has the same effect as searching for any other tag in the synonym group
- on the tags below the notes, the tag that was added to a note is shown
- tags are added to a note as is, not the main tag
proposing, voting and accepting a new tag synonym would be a dream for a shared notebook
Many people know use more than one language. I use 5 languages and I don't remember in which language I tagged a note, so I use a tag in many languages for a single note. It creates a mess. It would be better if I could create a tag synonym for each language for a word.
Search for a tag synonym is easier.
Tags view would be cleaner that way - less tags to look at.
Emoji tags would make sense.
Words have synonyms as well or are very similar, like dove and pigeon. We don't want to have to remember if we used one or another.
I scored 2500 and I can present more of the tag synonyms interface on StackOverflow.
You can click Synonyms after you searched for a tag.
where you can suggest a new synonym for it