Syncing by webdav incomplete, fails ECONNRESET

Hi,

On desktop (1), I am using Joplin 2.8.8 (prod, linux), Sync version 3, profile version 41, revision c2a6a13 on Ubuntu 22.04.1.

I am syncing between (1) this machine, (2) another desktop with the same OS and Joplin version, and (3) an Android device.

Syncing is done by Webdav protocol directly with my pcloud account and works flawlessly between items (2) and (3) but only partially with machine (1).

Before installing Ubuntu 22.04 on desktop (1), everything worked out fine, even with Ubuntu 22.04 on desktop (2). There are no obvious internet connection issues or issues with pcloud on desktop (1).

Issue: On desktop (1), a large part of about 400 database items is loaded but not all. Newer ones are missing at least but I have not checked which exactly are missing (could that one be important? Could I tell from comparing syncReport.cs?)

The latest log entry pertaining to the sync error "request to WEBDAVSERVER failed, reason: socket hang up Code: ECONNRESET FetchError" is:

2022-08-17 11:50:14: Synchronizer: "FetchError: On file e132cfcb7a5140ff8f90e6a404b9be54.md: request to https://WEBDAVSERVER/PATH/TO/Joplin/e132cfcb7a5140ff8f90e6a404b9be54.md failed, reason: socket hang up
Code: ECONNRESET
FetchError: On file e132cfcb7a5140ff8f90e6a404b9be54.md: request to https://WEBDAVSERVER/PATH/TO/Joplin/e132cfcb7a5140ff8f90e6a404b9be54.md failed, reason: socket hang up
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_JoplinrkTQBI/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/node-fetch/index.js:133:11)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:376:20)
    at TLSSocket.socketOnEnd (_http_client.js:499:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:388:22)
    at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1336:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:82:21)"
2022-08-17 11:50:23: Synchronizer: "Sync: finished: Synchronisation finished [1660729246482]"

Would someone please help me figuring what this error means? I have no idea about Webdav, being just a dumb user :slight_smile:

How should I proceed to fix it?

Glad for being helped!

Hello,

pCloud is not supported, because the WebDav function is not correct implemented.
The following WebDAV hosts are not supported

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response and clarifications on the range of support. Surely questionable to take time and help when the next issues are luring right behind the first.

I understand that pCloud do not (yet) actively offer WebDAV as a service (but have asked them for support now since you seem to imly that it is an issue on their part) which means that I'm caught in between somehow. I could switch to another cloud service but it's just perplexing that two machines within the same home network work but the third one doesn't.

That makes me think of a simple resolution which might be just hard to see. Anybody still ready to share ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.