Homepage    |    GitHub    |    API    |    FAQ

Synching Plugin installations between different machines

Very likely a newbie question, but is there a way to synchonize the installation and setup of various plugins between different computers. I mainly use my desktop Windows machine at home, and have a number of useful plugins installed (thank you plugin developers). I would like my laptop to look the same.

Do I need to manually organize my laptop plugins, or is there a way to do this automatically?

Cheers.

1 Like

This would be so useful, but I don't think there is an easy way to do it. It would be a fine thing, more so for particular plugins, if the data could be synced between machines. The actual installation of the plugins is trivial, but I'm thinking about data in plugins like Note Tabs and Favorites.

There is one plug in Templates that achieves this aim, and syncs templates between machines, but it does so by saving the templates as ordinary notes and adding a template tag.

I think folk have talked about syncing Settings also elsewhere in the forum, as it's a pain to have to repeat all settings on a new instance of Joplin on another device.

Here's hoping improvements can be made in time; especially when you consider it's not so long since there was no plugin capability with Joplin. The foundation is firm so lots should be possible over time :slight_smile:

You can use Syncthing to sync the plugin folders between machines.