Sync error on various files and platforms

I'm new to Joplin, so I have to ask you folks to be patient with me.
I set up Joplin on 2 different windows nmachines (11 and 10) as well as on my Android (13) phone.
Versions are:
on windows:
Joplin 2.11.11 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 43
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: 6886f6f

Joplin 2.11.31
Database v42
FTS active: 1
Hermes enabled: 1

Syncing is currently done via OneDrive as this for now seems to be the only service supported by Joplin that I have access to.

Sync Status on one of my windows machines says this:
Note: 287/287
Folder: 11/11
Resource: 725/725
Tag: 549/549
NoteTag: 2454/2454
Revision: 329/329
Total: 4355/4355
Conflicted: 0
To delete: 0

Sync appears to be fine between the windows machines; occasionally I receive a sync error message saying
Last error: TypeError: On file <...>.md: Cannot read property 'retry-after' of undefined.
While this is happening rarely on the 2 windows machines it appears to be a permanent thing on my andrpoid device.
The .md file in question appears to be different from time to time. If I open it on my windows machine from my OneDrive folder it looks like all the others do.
What I tried so far on my Android:

  • delete all data (and cache)
  • uninstall and delete all traces visible to me
  • then in both cases do a cmplete new setup

...and while I write this I see that error again, this time in my windows machine, but without giving me a file name

If there is something like a log file etc. I should post please let me know


@elem089 welcome to the forum.

When you created the above post the template gave details on how to create debug logs.

If you can also please provide a log, as described here:

Thank you so much.
Meanwhile I tried three different things:
a) switched from OneDrive to Dropbox
b) enabled encryption on my primary Windows machine
c) completely reset all data from the Android app

a) and b) of course led to a complete new set of synced notes
Then finally setting up Dropbox sync AND enabling encryption in Android finally got me up and running there as well. Final step will then be to also make the same switch on my secondary Windows machine. Hope that runs fine as well.

For the moment it looks as if I somehow got around the issue. Nevertheless I read through the linked support topic. Thanks for that, I'll follow the steps should I run into another problem

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.