Sync btw Windows and app

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

I wish to sync Joplin Windows with Joplin app. But I do not understand your lingo. Can I find basic instructions showing item by item how to proceed?

What issue do you have?

I wish to sync Joplin Windows with Joplin app. But I do not understand your lingo. Can I find basic instructions showing item by item how to proceed?

Welcome to the forum!

Joplin is different from other services such as Evernote, Notion or OneNote in that it doesn't store your data on centralized infrastructure (AKA 'the cloud') automatically.

This means that it's up to you to choose from one of the sync options first. Joplin Cloud, Dropbox and OneDrive should be comparatively easy to set up, but your first step must be to register with one of these services and decide which one you want to sync with.

I take it that you've already read Synchronisation | Joplin, so maybe these instructions aren't straightforward enough, which could be an important point of discussion for us on the forum to attract more users to Joplin in the future.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If by "Joplin app", you meant Joplin Cloud, then probably you are already a subscriber, right?

If this is the case, then follow these instructions to sync you data from all your devices, including Joplin Desktop on Win:

To use it, go to the Configuration screen, then to the Synchronisation section. In the list of sync targets, select "Joplin Cloud". Enter your email and password, and you're ready to use Joplin Cloud.

If you still have any issues or doubts, please reply with as much details as you can about it.

Cheers

I think @stewes was referring to a Joplin (mobile) app next to Joplin for windows. But perhaps he/she will specify…

Yes, exactly. I wish to synchronize Joplin for Windows with the Joplin mobile app. Simple explanation, step by step, please

Just some thoughts: Perhaps you can close this topic and create a new support request for more people to look into. The following data could possibly be very helpful to others who like to help you :wink:

1.The operating system of the mobile device,
2. the joplin app version on the mobile device,
3. the exact step you are stopped by not knowing what to do.
4. the sync target, you want to use.

And by the way, can Synchronisation | Joplin be of any help to you?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.