Share notebooks via Nextcloud

Good morning all,

I have some questions about using the "Share notebook" option.
Currently I have the desktop version in a Mac and in Ubuntu working perfectly fine with the Nextcloud sync, no issues found.

Joplin 2.12.17 (prod, linux)
Client ID: 47d54538f6244aa5819bc4dad47edd6c
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 43
Keychain Supported: No
Revision: b9cb9e42f

Now, I need to share a notebook with a student and it seems that is not possible through Nextcloud only if you have Joplin Cloud or Server.
This is going to take me while to create a docker server to have the sharing option.
Is there a workaround to actually share the notebook in Nextcloud, example only share a profile?
If I create a new user in Nextcloud I would have to change the WebDav URL, username and password. The only I see this working is if I'm able to open a secondary instance of the Joplin app with different configurations and both of us share the same user, this way I can keep things compartmentalized.
Is this even possible?

Thank in advance.

If don't know if that helps but you can right-click on the notebook then select "Export as HTML (Directory)". That will create a folder of HTML files that can be shared or uploaded to a server. Other than that, you would indeed need Joplin Server

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.