Rishabh Malhotra - GSOC'20 Introduction

Hey, I'm Rishabh Malhotra, a second-year undergraduate at Thapar Institute of Engineering Technology, I'm really well-versed with React, Redux, Vanilla Javascript, TypeScript, I was going through the code base of Joplin and I'm really excited to contribute to the best of my ability :slight_smile: .

Github - @rishgod

2 Likes

are we going to see the proposal soon?

really soon, I have been working on it, I would be ready with the draft very soon, thank you for the concern.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see it. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

1 Like

@rishabh.malhotra it looks like that we come to an agreement your proposal is quite good.

BUT your PRs received some extra comments what concerns us that you does not have a very good grasp on the Joplin codebase yet, hope your latest changes allow the PRs to be merged.

May you want add some details in your proposal PM, to show that you know where to change the codebase.
When you go for another PR, chose something what shows that you understand the dependencies or may try to support Experimental WYSIWYG editor in Joplin

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.

I will look into a pr concerning the WYSIWYG editor next.

Sure, I'll explain this a bit more in-depth & I'll let you when I add a change to the proposal in the PM

1 Like

@rishabh.malhotra it looks like your latest PR is a bit tricky with the YouTube embedding in markdown and whatnot. The fact that Laurent is pretty consistently commenting on it but not in a terrible fashion seems to be a step in your favor. Good luck

1 Like

@rishabh.malhotra it is time that you start walking on your your own feet. There has been a lot of micro-management done in your PRs what absorbs a lot of time but your are making progress.
We think it might be best if your try to find complete it by your own ask ask in #beta for help on testing.

If it passes tests by the community we will look again on your PRs, in particular, https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/pull/2747

Currently, that is the best option we have to verify that you are easy-going when doing a big PR

1 Like

Alright, I’ll do that soon!

just out of curiosity, when when will you pass the final exams, this summer or next summer

Um, @PackElend, engineering degrees in India are usually of four years or five years. So Rishabh won’t be passing out of college next year also. In fact right now considering the virus scenario, many of us have no idea as to when we would have our exams for the current academic session!

4 Likes

@PackElend I’m expected to gradute from college by 2022.

My 2nd year end semster exams were supposed to be held from may2-may20 according to the university academic calender but with this virus situation its been postpohoned indefinitley until everything is back to normal.

2 Likes